Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No chore left undone...

Man, I’m a tired pup.

I left the house at 6 a.m. Tuesday morning to catch a flight to Tulsa, and got back home around 7 p.m. last night. Then, this morning, I left the house at 4:15 a.m. to go to the office, and then catch the 5:10 a.m. Continental to Houston. It’s 9:13 p.m. and I just got home. It was supposed to be a 2:30 p.m. flight home. But, remember, it’s Continental! And it was raining in H-town. Therefore, delays. But, now I’m home, and glad to be here! MLH is having to pretty much stay in Pecos during the week, so Zack and I are all alone, trying to get my chores done. And when it comes to chores, Zack is absolutely no help at all.

I’ve been trying to keep the laundry going, but I’m not doing well. Well, that’s not true, I’m getting the laundry washed and dried, and it smells great…sitting on my dining room table.

Yup, that’s right. The table. And every time I walk by, this little voice says, “Fold those clothes! Put them up! What would Mom say?”

And I say(in my head), “Ummm…I’m tired. Must get sleep. I will fold you tomorrow. And by the way, if Mom were here, she would be watching ESPN, or helping Tiger hit that hole in one. She would want me to get sleep, too. Really, so shut up. Tomorrow is soon enough.”

(Okay, it’s true…not only does my dog talk, my laundry does, too.)

Tomorrow never comes. My stress level is climbing. I need another me, one that stays home and gets stuff done. Time for reinforcements.

Monday night, I yelled calf-rope and called Bob & Cherie and asked for help. They have been asking “What can we do for you and MLH?”…so I finally took them up on their offer. And Cherie came in and straightened up all my laundry, and did some cleaning. That did wonders for my outlook when I walked into the house. I am so very grateful!

And now, I can breathe a little better. Thanks, Cherie! You rock.

I am going to try to get caught up before MLH comes home. But for now, I’m going to “Napper’s House” for the night. Have to be in a customer’s office with breakfast by 7 a.m.

The life of an oilfield salesman is never boring.

Night, all.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I ask my kids to sound off and they count in succession.

......1!!

.....2!

....3!

...........4!

I thought the clean laundry piles went on the bed?

That Janie Girl said...

Emma - dang it, I knew I was doing something wrong!

Actually, the dining room table is perfect...unless, of course, unexpected company drops in. Which has happened, like, 3 times in the past two weeks...

My (grown) kids sound off like this, "Are you going to be in town tonight? Wanna go eat supper? You pay?" ;)