Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Grace

Those who read this blog might remember me mentioning my spiritual parents, Leo & Becky, and how they've been such a huge part of my life. A couple of weeks ago, Becky’s sister, Grace, passed away after being in a coma for a year. My heart goes out to Becky, Leo and Grace's family. I've lost a brother, and I remember how the tearing of that feels.

Grace was a Registered Nurse who traveled the country and worked contract at hospitals everywhere. I remember meeting her once in Fort Worth at Leo & Becky’s house, and being struck by her beauty and vibrancy. She was a pistol, this one – so very full of life. I bet she made friends wherever she went.

Leo was asked to speak about Grace for the service. In his new blog, Songs From the Green Bench, he has posted his text from Grace’s memorial service.

This is absolutely beautiful, and a perfect reminder to us to see each other as God does.

No comments: