Monday, July 20, 2009

The Hair Cut

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut.

After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you , I'm doing community service this week.'The florist was pleased and left the shop.

When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill,the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you , I'm doing community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop.

The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Congressman came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I can not accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Congressman was very happy and left the shop.

The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen Congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.

Now...don't forget about the Free James Taylor Concert Tickets I'm giving away next Monday! Stay tuned and participate!!

12 comments:

♥ Braja said...

Oh, touche....

midlife slices said...

Amen sista!! That's the best definition of the powers that be that are running our country in to the ground, I've heard yet.

Everyday Goddess said...

First it's free haircuts, then it's "hiking the trail". Sheesh!

Chatelaine said...

Lol! Too true.

Funny, I read that as "the politicians who ruin it," instead of "run it."

Then I realized that either way would have been correct.

Joanie said...

Good one and sadly, all too true!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Oh my gosh! An Old Joke! I'll be telling this one at work today.

i beati said...

I do not want to curse on your blog but point well taken...thank Goodness you have an intelligent guy from Texas.Cornwyn sp? we too have Charlie Crist - 2 goodies.

what a bunch of yahoos in Washington !!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

pretty funny! And sadly, somewhat true.

Tami Weingartner said...

Thanks for the laugh, girl! Sad but true.

Captain Dumbass said...

Substitute Congressmen with Members of Parliament and that works just as well up here.

Heh. Members. Get it?

Rhonda said...

Oh, I so loved that!!! I had to break it to my kids that I'm not sure I could love them anymore if they went into politics!! lol

Gretchen said...

Too funny and too true!!!

I spend A LOT of time around politicians. We're talking entirely too much. My daughter was invited to job shadow with the Governor's office last spring and she was just invited back again for this year. She's beyond excited! My darling son can also go, but he's so over Harrisburg. He's decided he's going to job shadow with ... are you ready? ... THE PRESIDENT! Honey, I don't have that kind of pull!