Thursday, February 19, 2009

Baby's Coming Home...

ThatManILove came back to West Texas sometime around the first week of January. And went straight back out to work. I’ve actually seen him very little since Christmas. He’s been on a job where it was best that he stay at the drilling rig, where he has a trailer.


Which is okay. At least he’s within a couple of hours of home. And he has spent one weekend at home (Valentine’s!)…but mostly, he was getting caught up on rest. Then, we had to put one vehicle in the shop, and go get a rental car. Which he quickly loaded up with all the stuff out of his truck. And that which he didn’t load up, came into the front door of the house. And that’s as far as it got.

Yesterday morning, he was leaving the house, heading to another job, and he grabbed me for a quick kiss.

TMIL: Baby, Daddy’s coming home tonight. You know I’m like living out of a suitcase still, right? I’ve not even unpacked.


Janie: I know.

TMIL: No, really. I haven’t even slowed down enough to settle in since I got back from Pennsylvania.

Janie: You don’t have to tell me, dude! I know, babe.

TMIL: I don’t think you understand, honey. I need to reclaim my house. Kick Zack The Wonderdog out of my side of the bed. Unpack my clothes. I’ve really not been home, yet. And I miss my Zanna Montana Wonder Pup. And...

Janie: (I gotta stop him before he revs it up into a full out whine.) Honey. If anybody knows you’re not home, it’s me. (as I look pointedly around at the cartons of papers, steeltoe boots, suitcases, stuff…strewn…everywhere! And I’m not allowed to touch it - because God forbid I get it out.of.order!)

TMIL: Oh. Yeah. I…guess you do know I’m not home. Okay, honey. I'll see you tonight! Have a great day!

Isn’t he cute? He cracks me up.

26 comments:

Junosmom said...

Coming home is the best.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

If he was ever home for long he might still live out of a suitcase, old habits die hard. My hubby still has things in boxes that have been there since he move out of his parents to go to college LOL

Ash said...

Seriously, how romantic is THAT!

Happy Homecoming ThatManYouLove!

Anonymous said...

Men. What would we do without them?? Glad he's reclaiming his domain. :)

Joanie said...

I love that!

Karen Townsend said...

Catching up on blog reading tonight. You won't be surprised to know I commented on your post before this one.

Charlie is in Nigeria until 3/12. The house is really quiet!

jill jill bo bill said...

I promise I won't call and interrupt this weekend. So glad for the both of you he gets to come home. Get the welcome mat out, honey!!!!

Amy W said...

Glad to hear that man is back at home with you. I thought you were heading into x-rated territory when he starts to rev up (tee-hee) but he's just romantic and happy, happy to be with home with you. :)

♥ Braja said...

Laughing at Amy's :)))

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh that is so sweet and so cute!!! Have a wonderfully sweet reunion tonight!!!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Michelle said...

He is adorable!!

And he wants to come home!! Simply cannot beat that can you???

Love you Janie and Happy FRIDAY!!!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

This is just so sweet that I'm almost a little jealous.
Have a wonderful weekend :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Chatelaine said...

Y'all are cute. Glad to see I'm not the only Daddy's girl ;-)

I miss mine too.

Mental P Mama said...

He's already marking his territory! Welcome home TMIL!

अविनाश said...

nothing like coming home

Unknown said...

LOL...Janie...I was gigglin at him wanting to reclaim his side of the bed...

Jane! said...

Ahhh! Lucky you!
Hope you have a 'rockin' weekend!

TexasRed said...

That's great! After a month away during January, I appreciate coming home even more!

Marlos ACE said...

That is so sweet!!! I love coming HOME!!

Barrie said...

love the dog on his side of the bed. We have that problem too. :)

Fragrant Liar said...

Aw, that is so sweet. He really, really misses being home, and he sounds dog tired. Poor thing. That just means his homecoming is going to be that much more fun. If ya know what I mean . . .

Pseudo said...

It does sound romantic. Every time he comes home is special.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Thought you were heading into a zone of declaring your blog "X" rated...
Whewwww!
Have a wonderful weekend and turn off the lights, the phone...but don't go "X" rated next post...

Candid Carrie said...

I guess he's got his own way of marking his territory. Gotta love a man that's worth bloggin' about!

Coachdad said...

That must be tough... hope you enjoyed eachothers company when he got back!

Vodka Mom said...

get out the negligee- it's party time tonight.