Friday, February 13, 2009

Six and Six Equals Six

Don't think I've quit commenting...I've been in The Mile High City working and haven't had much computer time.  I'll catch up this weekend!  Please bear with me...

That sweet little Texas Red laid a meme on me. Since I can’t remember what it’s called, I guess I’ll name it Six and Six. Oh, yeah. And Happy Friday the 13th if you read today, and Happy Valentines Day if you read on the 14th!

Six Characteristics That Are Important To Me:

1. Sense of Humor – You almost have to have one to hang with me. How else could you put up with my smart-assed-ness (is that a word?)
2. Diligence – I believe you gotta do your work, and do it with excellence.
3. Lover of People – I believe we’re put here to love on people, in all ways. Isn’t that what the Beatles sang? Love is all we need!
4. Having a Heart to Give - there’s always someone out there less fortunate than yourself.
5. Positive Attitude – you gotta keep going, do not weaken! Sometimes ThatManILove will waken in the morning and take one look at me, and say, “Baby, please. No cheerleading this morning.” But, really, he loves it!
6. Truth - The truth is always very important to me.


Six Things I Can't Tolerate:

1. Meanness – Why ever would anyone want to be mean?
2. Cockiness – usually, it’s based on insecurity.
3. Fear – it’s so often unfounded, yet I find myself fighting it sometimes.
4. "But" (Nothing helpful comes after this phrase.)
5. Anger that’s not been dealt with in people.
6. A Hard Heart – People get stuck on something, and they won’t budge – even to their detriment. Makes me crazy.

I’m supposed to nominate 6 blogs for this award, but you know I don’t really play games by the rules! So, if you want to play, please knock yourself out. Link back to me so I can see, and I’ll give you some linky love, too!

23 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

I could NOT have said it better myself. Which I was I love you.

Vodka Mom said...

not that I want to get all MUSHY and all.........

That Janie Girl said...

Love ya, too, girl. Praying for y'all.

Michelle said...

Brilliant Janie!!!!

Everything you wrote, I think!!!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY GIRLIE!!!

LOVE YOU!!!

That Janie Girl said...

Love you, too, girlie girl.

Irish Gumbo said...

Very nice summary, my dear! I like thie lists.

Smart-assed-ness IS a word, I was thinking of submitting it to the Oxford English dictionary folks for inclusion in the next edition. :)

Chatelaine said...

Lot of the same things on there go for me too.

Hey, girl, I sent you an email, I think at your work address. I hope it was the right one.

jill jill bo bill said...

I am with you all the way on this!!! My cheering starts much later in the day though. Happy V Day, Janie Girl! I love ya bunches!!

Joanie said...

Ah, you're one of those gals who wakes up all happy and chipper, huh. LOL
Love your post and I agree with everything you said. Although I think I only hit the 'dark side" when my marriage died and he didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm all better now :)

Annie said...

Awww But...

I dislike that one too!

Everyday Goddess said...

You hit all the right targets! Happy Valentines Day!

Anne said...

You are very wise. Happy Valentines Day!

TexasRed said...

Great List! Thanks for playing!

♥ Braja said...

Another I love you from here, Janie girl :)

Fragrant Liar said...

I'll go with those six. And six. With sense of humor being most important for me and anger being the thing I'll tolerate least.

Happy V-Day!

Snooty Primadona said...

Amen to all of it! Well said!

And, I can comment again! Yay!

Actually, I downloaded the new Explorer 7 and it changed my whole computer world. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Ya gotta put cruelty right up there in the number 1 position!!

amelia bedelia said...

Your list is great!!! I've been here, too. Just no time to comment or reading from my blackberry and can't comment!!

Gregory Anderson said...

"I believe we’re put here to love on people, in all ways."



I used that quite one often when I was single.

Never worked, though.

Doozie said...

This is what I hate

"I'm sorry BUT". If you include that word you might as well not be apologizing.

Anonymous said...

You know - I think I actually agree with both of your lists.

I'm a bit believer in postive attitude.

Junosmom said...

I am so behind on reading and commenting myself. If we lose power one more time, I'm going to have to consider myself Amish.

Marlos ACE said...

Happy Valentines Day! Great post. I totally agree six/six. Marlo