Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Please Pass The Geritol!!

A half day in the life of Janie...


4:45 a.m. - wake up, hop in shower

5:45 a.m. - leave house to go pick up El Patron at hotel

5:55 a.m. - decide I’m a wee bit early, run to post office and pick up mail

6:03 a.m. - pick up El Patron at hotel

6:10 a.m. - walk into Main Street Cafe where we meet customers for breakfast

7:00 a.m. - leave cafe, run into another customer, make introductions and visit for a bit

7:10 a.m. - run to Starbucks, El Patron in tow, for drinks

7:20 a.m. - call another customer to see if we can come up to his office early; he says yes, so we...

7:23 a.m. - go pick up breakfast sandwiches at Tony’s bakery and head to customer’s office

7:30 a.m. - visit with said customer, make introductions, and take an order

8:00 a.m. - leave customer, call another customer to see if we can come to his office. He doesn’t answer, so we leave a message.

8:10 a.m. - call another customer to confirm they are in the office - they are, so we...

8:12 a.m. - go back to Tony’s Bakery and pick up more breakfast sandwiches and head out towards the airport, where their offices are located.

8:22 a.m. - walk into customers office, introduce El Patron to everyone (7 different engineers!), and watch him reconnect with one of the engineers with whom he attended Marietta College; visit with the bosses

9:45 a.m. - leave customers office and go to one of our directional drilling yards, where I am introduced to other employees.

10:30 a.m. - leave office, heading back towards Midland to take El Patron to his hotel and go to one of my association meetings,

11:00 a.m. - walk into my association meeting

1:10 p.m. - leave association meeting


Okay, I’m worn out... I’m just showing you lunch and before! It’s 10:15 p.m. and we just got home after going straight from the office to a customer’s birthday party. Tomorrow, I get a break...after a 7:30 breakfast meeting, I’ll go into Jury Duty. Yeehah!


Please, honey ---pass the Geritol.

9 comments:

Chatelaine said...

Does Geritol really help? Because that sounds like my day yesterday too. At this point, I'll take anything to find some energy :-)

i beati said...

Well I'm taking geritol and I'm a little slow on the uptake.I don't know if they have Superwoman variety

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Do you have to be a customer to get the breakfast sammich? Cuz I surely would likes me a sammich!

Linda said...

Yikes, back to work with a vengeance!

I go back part-time tomorrow and thank goodness, it is a lot slower than your job is.

Gwynne said...

If I was in your shoes, I'd be dead in a week. That much people contact, not to mention breakfast sammiches, would send me right over the edge. But I admire your stamina! Go get 'em!! :-)

Canarella said...

All I read was back to the bakery...yummmmmm ...ok ok the day must go by quickly...lol....good to have a job amen to that!

Everyday Goddess said...

I think the folks at Geritol all finally packed it in.

Or maybe you can buy some at the Vermont Country Store. They have everything that you would have seen advertised during the I Love Lucy Show.

SSP said...

i am exhausted just reading that....and I am still in my pajamas. I SO love working from home with my El Hefe safely ensconced in NYC

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well I hope you aren't eating all those breakfast sandwitches..and if you are all coffeed up that is way better than Geritol.. Lordy Girl anyone would be tired with a schedule like that..when do you find time to poop? :)