Sunday, April 13, 2008

Car Rentals - easy as 1,2,3!

Have you ever had multiple car rentals simultaneously? Me, either…but today, I’ve got it faded.

Steve’s truck is muy malo and must go to the Powerstroke Doctor. He needs Janie’s 4wd Yukon to go to the field. Janie goes and rents a car for two weeks. Rental #1.

Janie’s leaving for Dallas tomorrow afternoon. She needs a rental to trek around the Metroplex. Rental #2.

While in the Metroplex, Janie must fly to Oklahoma City on Tuesday morning, and go to her company’s Grand Opening celebratory luncheon. She needs a car to get there and back to the airport so she can make it to her AADE National Board Meeting in Dallas that night. Rental #3. I’m a Hertz Gold kinda girl, normally. But OKC is out of cars. Wonder what is going on up there, besides our grand opening?

I have to be back in Midland on Wednesday night in order to take customers on a hunt on Thursday, then shoot at the ConocoPhillips – Halliburton Bad Boy Blast on Friday.

And on Saturday, we’ll be taking customers to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation banquet.

To wit, the Permian Basin event season has begun…yeehah.
It’s never boring around here!

12 comments:

Foo said...

Sheesh. It made me tired just to read about all the running around you've got to do!

Lone Chatelaine said...

That SO used to be me. For 7 years, traveling three weeks a month, rental cars in multiple cities within a week. I used Hertz Gold too. I liked seeing my name in lights on the gold marquee rental list :)

And I do know of two things going on in OKC this week. Bon Jovi and Chris Daughtry are playing there Tuesday night. And then all there is a U.S. Olympic trial there this week. I have a cousin in it. Canoing and kayaking. The top 100 in the nation are competing for a spot on the olympic team.

I didn't think that would take all the car rentals, though.

scotte said...

Man , I hope W remembers that phase of the oilfield. You might end up on a list otherwise. Terror Alert is orange today!
The event season is finally here, SPE golf tourny today. Have fun-love ya

Sandy Kessler said...

are you happy in this job found a comfort zone yet??

Karen Townsend said...

OK, I have to go lie down now.

That Janie Girl said...

Foo - like, um, you could even get tired, you bike monster extraordinaire.

Chatelaine - I know, that Gold Marquee is pretty special. I like seeing my name in lights, too. Totally sucks when it's not up there. Wow. There's a lot going on in OKC!

Scott - why the terror alert, do you know?

Sandy - I'm pretty much LOVING it. Still trying to find a rhythm, though.

Karen - girl, you're way busier than me, and YOU COOK. Enough said. ;)

spookyrach said...

Wow! What foo said - this is tiring!

Since you are a car rental expert: Do you pay for the loss damage waiver that they try to sell you now with the car? Since they can charge you the cost of the lost profit while their car is being repaired? I've heard that insurance covers this and I've heard that it doesn't. Any idea?

Snooty Primadona said...

Wow! You've got a busy week ahead. I cannot believe OKC doesn't have any cars for rent. I mean, that is a HUGE city. Taxicabs would break the bank. Hubby says it's because of the boom, but I'm sure there has to be more to it than just that.

That Janie Girl said...

Spooky - here's how the Sounding Forth house does it...if I'm on company travel, I decline the loss damage insurance. If I'm on personal, I take it. It's worth the extra not to have to deal with it.

Not sure if we're right, but that's how we handle it.

Snooty, there were cars, sort of. The dregs left by the others. But absolutely none at Hertz. I don't have a clue.

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Rentals? Pooh! You should have had a limo pick you up!!!

That Janie Girl said...

The thing is, Chris, my corporate rate so rocks that even a taxi can't beat it.

Craziness.

thisisme said...

I'm a little exhausted after reading that. I hope you've had fun with it.