Monday, June 16, 2008

Trekkin' Down I-20 to Fort Worth

I had to trek to Fort Worth late Wednesday night, and to my surprise, Elder Son elected to go with me! We had a great time. I was all business from daylight to dark Thursday and Friday, and he attended a Ryan Bingham concert at the Granada Theater in Dallas.

Thursday night, we met John and Suzan at Trulucks in Southlake, and had a great time there. Stone Crab Claws – their specialty – oh, my Lord - they're so good they make you wanna slap your mama! Elder Son brought a friend, and John had a vendor with him, who also happens to be a vendor to my company. We give this man’s company a lot of work. Much to my delight, said vendor bought all our meals. I guess that’s something I’m going to have to get used to, working at this new company. Usually, I’m the one picking up the cost of meals!

Due to scheduling, we didn’t get to visit with Mike and Pam. I’ll be going back up in a couple of weeks, so maybe we can get together then.

And now you know the reason I didn't get to post any last week!

4 comments:

Pam said...

Please, let us know when you're going to be back....

That Janie Girl said...

I will, girlfriend. I will.

Lone Chatelaine said...

"Slap your mama"..."Fort Worth"..."the Granada Theater"...Your posts always make me smile. There's always so much familiarity in them for me. It's nice to feel that on the internet :)

That Janie Girl said...

Girlfriend, if you'd come on out here and see us, you could personally refamiliarize yourself with good ol' Texanisms!

And...there's a lot of good stuff worth traveling down here for...Southlake; all the new and revitalized shopping areas; and of course, us!

You name the date, girlfriend, we'll all come 'round!