Friday, June 27, 2008

Random Friday Stuff

The meetings in Denver went well. I had some bonus moments, as well. One of my friends was in town from the Metroplex, and Tuesday night, asked me to join him and some of his employees at the Vesta Dipping Grill in LoDo. We had a great time, and the fellowship and food was excellent.

My meeting was all day Wednesday. One of the board members arranged a tour bus to pick us up at 5pm, and we toured all the sights of downtown Denver and the surrounding areas. One of the young salesman (who is pretty much a Don Juan) was quite the center of attraction. As the tour guide told about the various attractions and historic sights, some of the guys would point out the young salesman’s favorite bars, topless joints, and bail bondsmen. A little local flavor, as it were. The young salesman handled it well, and tried (an exercise in futility) to deny everything. It may not convey well in writing, but it was wetyourpantshilarious. At 7pm, the bus transported us to The Buckhorn Exchange for supper. That was quite the adventure. Someone at the table tried to pass Rocky Mountain Oysters off as calamari. Don’t ask me who, ‘cause I’m not talking.

We left the hotel at 7 to go to the Denver Airport. Our flight home was to leave at 10 a.m., so my fellow board member and I had plenty of time. Until we drove up in the Avis parking lot. I don’t know what was going on Thursday, but there had to be some type of Avis rental car bus driver strike or something. We were the first ones to wait for the bus, and the crowd soon grew to 60 or so people. An hour later, we were headed to the airport, so I’m glad we left early. I’ve never had rental car trouble (And yes, I’m a HERTZ girl!)

The flight was on time (yeah! Southwest!) and uneventful – for once.

And now, I’m home, it’s 10:30 p.m., and I just now walked in the door. One of our guys had an accident this morning, and my customer calls me at 6:30 a.m. and says, “One of your guys had an accident, and I need you in my office asap.” Thirty minutes later, I’m there. The guy is okay, and back at work, but all day long I dealt with the aftereffects of this accident, and just received the drug test results and delivered them to the customer… at 10:00 at night. He was so gracious, and I got to meet his wife, who was very sweet about it all, as well. All is well in the world, but man!


Gotta go rein in the Wonder Dog and the Wonder Pup – they’ve decided that this time at night is perfect for World Federation of Dog Wrestling.

“Zack and Zoie! Kennel! Now!”


Pam said...

WFDW...great idea. The ZZ need a little prime time attention from their momma! Glad you're home, you had a good trip, and that your guy is okay. Talk to you soon.

Gwynne said...

Your days are way too long for my taste! And you're such a great sport about it. I admire your energy!!

doozie said...

There are days when airports are crawling with ninja's

Snooty Primadona said...

Your stamina is awe inspiring. You must be a lot younger than me. I would have needed bed rest after that day. I know. I'm such an old fart, lol.

By the way, I missed you by 30 minutes @ the Chiropractor's yesterday, lol.

Janie said...

Pam - Yup, the World Federation of Dog Wrestlers would work around here. And Zoie could get an "ear" buckle - but Zack would have to steal it...cause that's how he rocks, lol.

Gwynne - make no mistake, sweetie, I was exhausted. It was a day full of drama, as well.

Doozie - that is the truth - and all sorts of other weird creatures.

Snooty - I'm not much younger than you, girlfriend. And yeah, as to to Dr. ST, he thought you were scheduled to come in. I go at least 1 X week, preventative maintenance is way worth it, I think!