Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Matt Logelin link

At this point, I can’t remember who referred me to the Matt Logelin blog (so whoever you are, please forgive me – I can only blame it on funky oilfield brain waves).

But, oh, my Lord. You can read what happened here to Matt's beautiful bride, Liz, following the joyous occasion of Madeline's birth. Please keep Matt and Maddy and their immediate families in your prayers. Matt is journaling* almost every day, and sharing his ups and downs, as well as the everyday joy that is Madeline.

I know we’d all be blessed to know Matt, Liz, and little Madeline.

*If you’re offended by straight talk with a smattering of profanity, you’re gonna have to build a bridge and walk on over it. This man’s speaking his mind, and he’s definitely just trying to keep breathing.

9 comments:

Pam said...

I just spent all afternoon crying and laughing and wishing I could get my hands on that sweet little Madeline!

That Janie Girl said...

I know, girl. Matt's pretty profound in all his simplicity, isn't he? And she is a beautiful Madeline, isn't she?

Bee said...

Now, I've bawled my eyes out. Tragic, sad and yet, a beautiful baby. Bittersweet....

That Janie Girl said...

Bittersweet is a good way to put it. I can't imagine all he's been through and will go through, yet he is stalwart...and he definitely loves that baby girl!

i beati said...

I read and reread and do not see where he says what ha[ppened . it went from birth to obituary..??What did i miss??

i beati said...

i see embolism - my friend took a nap - got up in a hurry to answer the phone- he was the great love of my life gone in a second..sk

That Janie Girl said...

Sandy, I''m glad you were able to read everything.

Doozie said...

I am most certainly not offended by straight talk so I shall head over there post haste

That Janie Girl said...

You'll be hooked, Doozie. Promise.