Wednesday, June 11, 2008

In the Land Down Under

MLH had his tests done Monday. The colonoscopy results came back clean, but he does have diverticulitis. Also, the doctor scoped his esophagus down to his stomach, and he has ulcerations there and a hiatal hernia to boot. The doctor then biopsied his ulcerations on his esophagus, we'll hear back on that soon. MLH has to start taking Prilosec or the doctor warned he would be heading towards cancer. No way, Jose.

And the doctor asked me…have you had a colonoscopy yet? So…I had my appointment yesterday, and my colonoscopy is scheduled for August. I guess I’m next! Yeehah. Gotta love that.

Don’t worry, I’m not going Katie Couric on you – no pix or video of either…

I would tell y'all all the funny stuff MLH said as he was coming out of anesthesia, but it's totally inappropriate. I told the doctor yesterday during my appointment, and he laughed so hard he finally had to leave the room. He's decided we're certifiable.

Appreciate your prayers for MLH and myself – don’t stop, please!

13 comments:

Karen Townsend said...

Good to hear the news of your hubby. Mine is being nagged by his doctor to have the colonscopy done, too. Actually I should, too. Blech.

Gwynne said...

My husband told me about the pink dolphins when coming out of anesthesia...I'm not sure if that's inappropriate or not. ;-)

Prayers for your hubby...sounds like he needs to go easy on his innards!

catd264 said...

I've had one and Dale has too. Dale actually watched his. I was out.

i beati said...

I have cancer in the esophagus and 3 failed operations - only drink food cannot eat.. so do all the preventatives. Mine was brought on by chemo , but I have a hiatal also nadand stomach problems . It all goes together . Good that they found it now so all the right steps are taken...See how good Godis ..he gives us signs that he will watch over us..

i beati said...

P S I'll be watching for your colonoscopy on You Tube inAugust ??

Jackie said...

Oh, jeez, Janie! I've NEVER had a colonoscopy and I'm waaaay older than you!! I know I need one. But right now, I don't even have a GYN...he retired in April. Know a good one in Lubbock?? I'm open for suggestions...

That Janie Girl said...

Karen - thanks! I'm personally not looking forward to it, and MLH doesn't even remember, so it can't be that bad!

Gwynne - pink dolphins? Heh. Thanks for your prayers, girlfriend.

Cat - that's crazy! I think I'll take a nap, if you know what I mean.

Sandy - oh, no! I knew you had suffered some medical issues, but didn't realize it was cancer. I'll be praying for YOU! And no, I will not be on youtube. Silly girl! (That is funny, though!)

In_spired - I can help you in Midland, not Lubbock. Let me do some research, thought!

Foo said...

Prayers… check.

You know we love you guys and hope to repeat the lengthy lunch a la Blue Mesa – and you are hysterical, of a certainty – but I think I'd have to pass on the carnival atmosphere of attending your colonoscopy.

In the immortal words of Mr. Horse, “No sir… I didn't like it.”

That Janie Girl said...

Foo - you're the funny one, dude! You ALWAYS make me laugh! I guess, in payment, I'll spare you my colonoscopy.

And we'll take the prayers! And another extended Blue Mesa lunch - soon! Thanks!!

Doozie said...

So do you get a 2 for one deal?

That Janie Girl said...

Doozie - I should have checked that out! Where were you when I scheduled, girlfriend? Yikes!

Sandy Kessler said...

how's that beauty of a kitty named ????????

That Janie Girl said...

She is named Gracie. Bob and Cherie are taking good care of her!