Monday, June 2, 2008

Prayers Needed, Please

When the Lord apprehended me thirteen years ago, I came in contact with Larry and Cindy Thompson, of Munday, Texas. From the first, I knew they had a deep relationship with the Lord - they really didn't talk about it, but I could see it. Needless to say, I fell in love with this beautiful couple. Since I’ve entered the blogosphere, I find we have a mutual friend in In_spired. Though we’ve not yet met, I sincerely appreciate In_Spired's relationship with the Father, and also, her love for everyone.

A couple of weeks ago, she alerted me that two of the Thompsons’ sons, Trey and Tyler, as well as one of their young high school age protégés and friends, Keith Cypert , had suffered in a horrible vehicular accident. They were rushing to a grass fire on one of their ranches, and were hit by an 18-wheeler. The young Thompson men are married with 6 children between them, and are renown as good stewards in their small farming and ranching community. And young Keith, though wounded himself, actually pulled both Trey and Tyler from a burning vehicle, saving both their lives, as both vehicles exploded in fire.

If you’ve the time, please go to the blog, and read from the bottom up. It won’t take you long, and it’s a stout story of the power of prayer. But more than anything, I’m writing to ask you to pray for them all.

5 comments:

i beati said...

done and done !!amen sk My friend has been in a diabetic coma since sunday - no improvemnet . It may be his time but I'm praying for a miracle ..sk

Pam said...

Thanks for passing on the info, Janie. We haven't been to Munday for years, but have fond memories of the Thompsons.

That Janie Girl said...

Sandy - I'll be praying for your friend, as well. God bless him...

Pam - I wondered if you knew Cindy and Larry! Thanks for your prayers!

Anonymous said...

Janie,

I've literally lived on the Thompson blog since it was started. I can't pull myself away from it. I read every comment made which has been so inspiring and uplifting to me. Your comments were so sweet and authentic. Today I read a comment from a teaching friend of years ago. I've seen names of people who are children and grandchildren of people from my childhood here in Munday. It has all been such a blessing. I commented to the Thompsons that through their trials, we have all become 'better people'. And I don't say that lightly or flippantly. God's ways are NOT our ways...

Thank you for your kind comments about In_spired on your post. Someday...we're bound to meet one another.

God Bless you and your family...

Snooty Primadona said...

I'm so sorry for this family. Such a tragedy. They are definitely in my prayers. Just so, so sad.