Saturday, January 23, 2010

Think I Should Run For Governor of Oklahoma?

We’ve been in Oklahoma for the last two weeks. Yes, Two. Weeks. One week, both ThatManILove and I were in a directional drilling school. (Yikes. The brain strain I suffered!)  The next week, I had a national board meeting and we attended a technical drilling symposium.


Needless to say, both events were peppered with customers, friends, good fun and lots of hilarious incidents...but I’m glad to be home. 


Over the next week, I’m going to try to grab some of those funny things and put them down on paper for you all.  Mi vida loca, huh?


I finally got to meet Georgie of Decisionally Challenged!  We had a quick lunch at Pei Wei in Tulsa.  What a sweetheart, and she’s so flipping funny!  Can’t wait to see Georgie again, and meet her family. And maybe play "Seven Degrees From Georgie".



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreams achieved I think so.
Congrats.

That Janie Girl said...

Thanks, Hobo! Good to "See" ya!

Girl in Carolina said...

Aw so fun!!! Jealous! I haven't met any bloggers yet, but hopefully someday!

That Janie Girl said...

It was fun! Every blogger I have met has been SO nice - I recommend it highly!

Pseudo said...

I need to get off the island.... sigh.

That Janie Girl said...

Ah, girl, c'mon down to Texas!!!

Vodka Mom said...

I'd like you to attend the "How to drink like you have teenage girls" seminar I am holding tonight. Get over here.

Dawn said...

I'm still bummed that we weren't able to get together on Sunday night. Stupid surgery.

Glad you enjoyed your time in our great state. =)

Hopefully next time we'll be able to hook up!

Irish Gumbo said...

Yikes! Maybe she should change her name to "Eileen"!

Pam said...

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm here? You don't like the great state of Oklahoma, my home state? I personally think you'd make a great governor of Oklahoma if you could overcome the one minor detail of needing to be a permanent resident of said state. I'm sure you would do a bang up job.

i beati said...

such fun although brain infused.. waiting for more girl sanyd

Jeanne Estridge said...

Directional drilling school? Yikes!

Fragrant Liar said...

Directional drilling kind of makes sense. If you have undirectional or multidirectional, I think people must flee for their lives.

One of these days, I'd enjoy meeting up with you too, Janie. So many bloggers, so little time...