Monday, December 1, 2008

Meet Vodka Mom!

It is snowing up here in Pennsylvania! And before I forget, JillJillBoBill wins the at this moment undisclosed prize from Pennsylvania for guessing correctly the mystery blogger.

Mystery Blogger from Pennsylvania happens to be Vodka Mom! We tried to meet for 3 days, unsuccessfully, due to my husband’s work. She was very, very patient with her soon to be oilfield buddies! But finally, yesterday, ThatManILove and I came down from the wellsite early and were able to go to State College and meet Vodka Mom! We had a drink at Outback, and visited, and had a simply marvelous time. Vodka Mom is so funny, we all just hit it off immediately. She flipped out her wallet photos, and her kiddos are beautiful. Mr. Vodka was at the hunting lease, so we’ll have to meet him next time. And the Golden Child, her youngest, was wearing out Vodka Mom's cell phone. It was precious. I can't wait to meet them all!

And as you can see by this picture, Vodka Mom really does drink cranberry with her vodka! Isn’t she beautiful? (I’m the large tall one with the rained on hair. She’s the tiny compact going to the gym perfect hair little one. Heifer*.) And me? What is that in my hand? Why, that’s a freakin’ Shirley Temple. I promise it is. Okay, I lied, it’s the “Wallaby Darned”, otherwise known as the Peach Bellini. And I liked it wayyyyy too much. Until it gave me brain freeze. But, yeah. Good stuff, this meeting. Good stuff, I say. And the best thing is that if ThatManILove has to stay in the PA much longer, he has found himself a new adopted family.

And Jilly? Next weekend, girlfriend. I’ll be in Dallas. Sunday morning brunch somewhere, husbands included – Trulucks, maybe? Not your house, I know, you’re all cooked up. But somewhere, somehow, somewhen (is that a word?) we will meet.


*Vodka Mom knows that "heifer" is a term of endearment. So don't y'all be going and getting your panties in a wad on her behalf, ya hear?

25 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

That is great! I had a wonderful time meeting you, and can't wait to get together again. You and your man are cool, cool people! I know I'll see you again.......

Debz said...

I'm jealous, I never get to meet anyone. :(

Anonymous said...

You actually look like you're relaxing - and not because of the glass in your hand. "Just sayin'".
YEA!!!!!

See you soon - Cherie.

♥ Braja said...

You got to drink vodka and cranberries with VODKA MOM??!! No way. I'm sorely pissed. And by pissed I do not mean drunk.

aries28 said...

WOW what a great idea, to meet some of these wonderful people we talk to. I love Vodka Mom, she is great, I also love your blog. Maybe someday we can meet too.

Sandee said...

How fun. I'm a fan of Vodka Mom.

Thanks for sharing your get together. Have a terrific day. :)

That Janie Girl said...

VodkaMom - I know! It was so much fun! Can't wait to meet your crew, hope it happens soon!

Soxy Deb - the way I travel, girl, it could happen sooner than later! Love your blog!

Cherie - we've been working our a$$e$ off - but yeah, we relaxed for just that night! Are you worn out babysitting Zanna The Wonder Pup yet?

Braja - thanks for stopping by! It was fun meeting VodkaMom. And due to her schedule, and ours, time was of a premium, so no one got "pissed" drunk. But it could happen next time, I bet ya! Your blog is cool, I will be visiting a lot!

Aries28 - we had a good time. I'd love to meet you, too! Love your blog!

Ash said...

Lucky you guys! I love when a bloggy love connection is made.

Em

That Janie Girl said...

Sandy - your blog is SOOO funny! And I went and voted for you! Thanks for stopping by...

Eudea-Mamia - it was sooooo much fun! We might have a rerun tonight! Dinner and a movie or something, who knows!

Travis Erwin said...

I bet the two of you together had quite the time. I have yet to meet any of my blogging buddies but one of these days I will.

That Janie Girl said...

Travis - I actually thought about you when I did this post. I promise, it takes a little effort, but every time I've met a fellow blogger it's been well worth the drive/time/whatever!

Far Side of Fifty said...

How cool is that! You got to meet one of my favorite, make me laugh till I wet my panties bloggers! :)

jill jill bo bill said...

I am jealous, too!!!!! I am so excited I won something. Just give me Latoya.

MaricrisG said...

ah look @ you two just flashing those drinks! I'm envious! You should have made sure Vodka Mom didn't drive you nuts! ha ha!

King of New York Hacks said...

So when is everyone coming to New York and squueze in my taxi? I'll be the designated driver !!

Marinka said...

I heart Vodka Mom (mmm...vodka...) Great picture of the two glamour gals!

Everyday Goddess said...

What a pair! Party on!

That Janie Girl said...

NikkiCrumpet - I love it, PETA can kiss your ass!

FarSideofFifty - I know, she makes me wet my pants, too...I wanna be her when I grow up!

Jilly - you think a durango is too big, chica. Wait until you see Latoya!

Zen - nobody warned me that VodkaMom would drive me nuts...uhoh. Well, it's not a far walk!

KingofNewYorkHacks - we could so have done that! We'll try next time! That would be fun....

Marinka - she's one cool chica, I promise! And yeah, we were so glam in our little warmup suits!

Comedy Goddess - party on, Garth!

Gregory Anderson said...

I've seen that photo before.

America's Most Wanted, I think.

That Janie Girl said...

Pack - shhhhhhh.

Talkie, talkie, no quail huntie!

Junosmom said...

Hey- having a blogging party is a great idea. With drinks.

Barrie said...

You two are both cute. and how fun that you got along so well!

scotte said...

Dang it girl - you might have to get a counter that goes to 4 digits . Now that is proof that this blogging thing is not just a passing fancy. You know like. . . PDAs. Or VHS.
It looks like you and MLH had a blast. And Vodka Mom looks cool-I think I will check out her blog.
Love ya bunches--Hope Your favorite consultant and you find a warm spot.
Scotte

scotte said...

I swear I get a finger cramp trying to scroll down here.

That Janie Girl said...

Junosmom- let's do it!

Barrie - gawwwrrrrrsh. Thankee, thankee, thankee.

Scotte - I know! It's VodkaMom's fault. She gave me some linky love and people came to visit.