Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Seven and Seven

I’m a newby. Ba Doozie told me that she tagged me. And if I didn’t go ahead and do it, it would be put off until…sometime in the not too certain future…like when the cows come home. One problem…I have no cows.

I have to tell you 7 random facts about myself, then tag 7 others.

· I’m a weenie when I see little kids performing – a play, song, piano, whatever. I cry. I try not to, but hey, they are so cute and earnest! And they try their hearts out! I see their immense potential, and I cry for the joy of it!

· If all systems are on go and I’m paying attention, I can usually smell sickness when someone walks past me. Lots of times I know before people even know they’re sick. Weird, huh?

· None of my bosses have ever let me take a Dale Carnegie course. I think they’re scared. (One of them told me I could teach the course – why did I need to take it?)

· I am a bonafide smart mouth. Oftentimes, to my detriment. But I’m overly gracious, as well. Maybe those characteristics…ummm… balance each other out. Or, maybe not. I am kind of tilted, actually.

· Most of the time, I can tell when someone is lying and oftentimes will not “out” them. I’ll just let them fall on their face (unless it’s going to hurt someone – then, I’m all over it.)

· I love watching people interact. I love people. I love watching them expound when all the while, their body language is saying, "Heck...I don't even wanna be here!" or some stuff like that.

· I love, love, love what I call the “trickle down” theory. You do good, they do good, which in turn may inspire someone else to do good, etc. But you don’t know how far it goes until you go to heaven. And only maybe you know, then. I’m not sure. But you do good, anyway. Just because.



So…the below need to consider themselves tagged:

Mamma O – because I think this will be her first blogging tag game!
Gwynne - because she is so talented...
Jimmy - I think he’ll be funny...
Karen - an oilfield gal like me...
Dennis - because he needs to step it up a notch, (he promised a blog a month)and I'm thinking y’all will like what he writes…
Panhandle Poet - ‘cause he can rhyme and he knows it...

And…drumroll….

Winston, because I love the way he writes!



Okay, seven and seven to you all - and the rest of you check in on them periodically to see what they have to say! I promise, you'll be entertained. And that is what this is about, correctamundo?

13 comments:

Gwynne said...

I love your list! I hope one day to meet you in real life. For now, I can only hope to have some time to fulfill the tag "order." Thanks for tagging me...makes me feel loved. ;-)

That Janie Girl said...

Gwynne - back at ya, you blues-lovin' lassie! I was hoping you'd not been tagged on this one, I even read a little back on your blog to check. I bet we'll meet in real life - hopefully at a concert we just can't miss! (if we meet at Nascar, though, we're jettin' and going shopping or something!)

Rae said...

Great list Janie!

That Janie Girl said...

Thanks, Rach!

Karen Townsend said...

Thanks for including me. I think.

Enjoyed your list, though.

Incognito said...

So you're the culprit... :-)
Sounds like you are a potential medical intuitive. You should look into that.

I too can tell when someone is lying. And I'm an empath.. I pick up on everyone's emotions. Not fun.

Rowan Dawn said...

Isn't midland texas on Heroes?

Anonymous said...

the trickle down theory is good. I don't like the opposite where if someone is mean to someone, that someone is mean to the next someone etc....loved your 7 things, I have more in common with you than you'd care to know ;) thanks for participating

Anonymous said...

OK, so I've been outta town. What am I supposed to do. I've never been tagged before. Just come up with seven things about myself? Do i tag anyone else? Do you need my credit card number or anything?

spookyrach said...

Oh, I love your list. We could totally hang out together and probably end up in jail. People watching is my favorite sport!

That Janie Girl said...

Karen - you are always most welcome, ma'am.

Incognito - I didn't mean to be(a culprit), I promise!! Welcome to the West Texas end of the blogosphere!

Lavender - I'm not sure...maybe about Baby Jessica? Let me know if you find out, please! And thanks for stopping by!

Ba Doozie - thanks! It was more fun than I thought it would be and I shocked myself (but that's not anything new...;))

Jimmy - yup. You just pick out 7 random facts about yourself, put them on your blog, and then tag 7 people to do the same. As to the credit card, when can I pick it up? Anything you and Karen need while I'm at it?;)

That Janie Girl said...

Spooky - we were talking about you today at our annual Bloggers meeting, and how funny you are in your blog. We decided you probably encounter about 20 stories a day in your job!

I liked your random list, too (and Katie and Jackson's additions)...

thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

A new credit card with a zero balance after you wear mine out? :) I'll do the 7 deal on MOnday if that would work? Are we on any sort of a time schedule? I'm so excited.