Sunday, October 25, 2009

I've Been Boo-ed!

I love surprises!


The other day, I got a package in the mail. A Halloween Boo Package! How cool is that?!!


I was wondering, “What did I order from eBay this time?” I put it in my truck, and forgot about it for a day or two. And then, I hauled it into the house, and opened it up. The sender tried to surprise me, but I follow her blog. And my Sherlock Holmes senses kicked in, and yes, I can add 2+2. The answer is:


Look what I got, from Lani at The Never Ending Adventure! Spicy dill pickles, and pomegranate jelly! Yummmmmmmmm. Lani is amazing. Not only is she a cancer survivor, she never slows down!



Lani, how on earth do you have time to do this? You work, you babysit birds, your household belongs to the world of roping (which is never a sedentary sport...horses take lots of care, and ropings are never in your backyard), you cohost a radio show, and you take time to can pickles and make pomegranate jelly? I know you had help, but, Lord, how do you get all those little seeds out of those pomegranates? I'm WAY impressed.


I had the jelly on toast this morning and it was awesome. (So your friends and relatives aren’t blowing smoke up your behind, it is really, really, good.) ThatManILove does love him some pickles, so we’ll be breaking into those soon.


Thanks so much for my surprise, you crazy Lani-girl! YOU ROCK!!


I love you!

16 comments:

darsden said...

That is awesome and what a great suprise. Yes Lani is a sweetie and how nice of her to boo you :-)

Divine Chaos said...

what a cool surprise! i don't do half what she does, and I'd never have time for all that ;) I need a nap just thinking about it!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

How cool

Anonymous said...

Both treats sound delish! And HOW did you forget about a package? I am way too curious to not open one immediately.

The Wine Commonsewer (TWC) said...

TWC has been booed. Many times.

SSP said...

pomengranate JELLY??? Do you know how many of those damn things it takes to make a MARGARITA? I can't imagine mashing all those seeds and filtering it and then boiling it DOWN to jelly - that is BOOtiful!

Pseudo said...

What a yummy surprise.

Anonymous said...

I love surprises in the mail!

Paige Lacey said...

What a sweetheart she is to send you a little care package for Halloween!

♥ Braja said...

Yummmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

It's the pickles that are making my mouth water... Nothing better than home made pickles! You are one lucky girl!!

Now, come try to win the scarf I am giving away. It's soooo you my dear.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Vodka Mom said...

you totally deserve treats- you DO know that, right????

and these bloggers are AMAZNG!


now pass the jelly.

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

I just realized that I didn't have you on my favs anymore! I did a dumb thing a couple of weeks back and deleted my whole blog roll by mistake.

Phew! Glad to have you back!

midlife slices said...

Aren't unexpected surprises the best??!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great little package to brighten your day! Looks yummy too:0

Gretchen said...

Nothing is better than unexpected gifts!