Monday, January 26, 2009

Trouble At The Movies - or, How To Really Get His Goat

I know, I know. I screwed up my template by playing with the free Blogger templates. Bear with me, this one is hard to read. I couldn't go back to the original, it lost format and made me crazy. And yeah, it wasn't a far walk.


On to our regularly scheduled program.


ThatManILove is a movie aficianado. So much so, that while he was exiled on the mountain in Pennyslvania, I went to one movie - the Chihuahua movie - and I took the Little Brother. I was bound and determined to save all my movie dates for ThatManILove.


Last night, we decided to take Little Brother to see Mall Cop, and go for the 7:10 p.m. showing. We bought the tickets online early in the afternoon. I decided to take a long bubbly soak in the jacuzzi tub and read a Dixie Cash novel. ThatManILove comes in and gives me a time check, letting me know I have an hour. I get out and get ready. We leave the house at 6:35 p.m.


Such is the setting for the next conversation.


TMIL: Jane. Are you ready? (Remember, he calls me “Jane” when he’s mad?)

Janie: Yes.

TMIL: It’s Saturday night and it’s going to be crowded.

Janie: No, it’s not.

Little Brother: What’s wrong?

Janie: TMIL’s pissed at me because I took so long to get ready and we’re going to be at the theatre right when the movie starts. (Aside to TMIL) The movie’s been out for a while, it won’t be crowded. We’ll get there and get a seat just in time to watch 20 minutes of dancing boxes.

TMIL: See, that’s your thinking. I guess we’re going to be doomed to have this conflict every time we go to the damn show. You always make us be late because you hate the dancing boxes. I think you do it on purpose.

Little Brother: What are the dancing boxes?

TMIL: That’s what Jane calls the previews and advertisements.


We get to the movie, and fight the traffic to find a place to park. People are standing outside, in a line that lasts for.ev.er. And the concessions? Packed to the max. There’s a recession going on, people? What are you doing here? What am I doing here? Oh, Lordy. I am so going to be in trouble. I start to cringe, inside. That man loves his movie popcorn, it's part of the whole experience for him, and it looks like we might have to forgo such. We go straight to the ticket taker, passing up two lines of people that are there for another show. He waves us in, and we go into our theatre.


Said theatre is so freakin’ crowded that we can only find two seats together. And of course, the seats are in the middle of the row, so that means no popcorn for ThatManILove. I mean, two empty seats together in the whole theatre. The advertisements haven’t even started! Little Brother jets us for a single seat down front, saying he likes to sit there. He’s probably just running from our eternal conflict concerning the movies. I’ve told y’all all along he’s a smart kiddo!


We sit down. I glance to my left to check out how ThatManILove is breathing. At the same time, he’s checking me out. I tentatively smile. He doesn’t. And then, he does. He is so jacking with me, and grabs my hand.


We laugh our butts off at the movie. It’s really funny, but to make it even better, the 5 year old little girl sitting to ThatManILove’s right is laughing so hard she’s crying. And ThatManILove got tickled at her laughing, which made me laugh harder.


It’s never boring around here!

17 comments:

Rae said...

What movie did you watch?

Julie D said...

I thought that movie was hilarious! Glad you had fun!!

That Janie Girl said...

Library girl - we watched Paul Blart, Mall Cop. It was hilarious!

Julie - we did have fun. Glad you enjoyed it, as well!

Michelle said...

Great movie story Janie!!!

I gotta go with TML on this one!! I like to get to the movie early to settle into my seat and get my jacket all settled and my drinky all settled. It's part of the process you know?

But he was cool with the sly smile to you!!! Just great Mr. TML!!! No popcorn but a good laugh will do it every time!!!!

HAPPY MONDAY GIRLIE!

La Belette Rouge said...

I tagged you!!!!;-)

Tiffany said...

LMAO Well at least he wasn't mad about the popcorn.

Debz said...

Oh thanks for the review!! I was looking forward to seeing it and am now so even more.
And as far as your template goes...no matter what you dress up in, your still beautiful, charming, intellectual and funny. SO no worries. :)

nikkicrumpet said...

You are so lucky that man is a good sport and mellow...most men would have been seriously pissed!

That Janie Girl said...

Michelle - thanks for taking up for him. I'll be sure to let him know!;)

Belette - I'll go see!

Tiff - well, I think he was, but he got over it!

SoxyDeb - have I told you lately that I love you?

NikkiCrumpet - oh, make no mistake - he has a serious temper sometimes - but he loves me MORE!

jill jill bo bill said...

where is Holy Crapola? I need some Holy Crapola.

Jenni said...

I really want to see that movie! I think from the review of that 5 year old girl...I MUST take my boys!

That Janie Girl said...

Jill - Holy Crapola jumped on a wee bit early, if you get my drift.

Patience, chica. Patience.

That Janie Girl said...

Jenni - it's hilarious, really!

Unknown said...

well yea you must have messed something up.... the post that you just did the 'Holy Crapola' one won't pull up! Says it doesn't exist??? :( I wanted to read it! lol

Anonymous said...

I hate watching the previews but I hate having to sit in the middle of an isle worse. What a sport to let you off the hook like that. Maybe it had something to do with that stuff your Dr. just put you on. YOu know.....men REALLY like it when we get the good stuff.

♥ Braja said...

Now THIS template I love!

Valerie said...

Hubby wants to go see Mall Cop. He said the previews are funny. Guess we'll have to have a night out and go see it.