Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Go To The Light

Today, I had my usual lunch date with customers, and heard the cutest story.

One of my customers was outside with his 7 year old son this past weekend. The son was riding his bike, and father and son were navigating a make-shift agility course. The son was distracted by whatever his father was doing, and suffered a mighty crash.

As the father recounts, the bike, with his son still astride it, crashed forever and ever. Once the bike came to a stop, the son jumped off, and ran into the neighbor’s driveway, screaming.

Son: “Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! Call an ambulance right now! Call 911!”

Dad, getting to the son: “Son, hang on – you’re okay! Be quiet so I can check you over!”

Son, (I imagined him thrashing about): “Call an ambulance! I’m too young to die! I need to go to the emergency room!”

Dad: “Son, shhhhhh – be still, let me check you out!”

Son: “Dad, please, please, call 911, now!”

Dad: “Why, son? I think you’re going to be fine!”

Son: "Because, Dad, I don’t want to go to the light! Please, Dad, call them, ‘cause I’m too young to go to the light!”

The scratch was about 4 inches long. No stitches. Just antibiotic cream, and a bandage.

No light.

13 comments:

Lone Chatelaine said...

Heh :)

They really do pick up on everything we say, don't they?

scotte said...

sounds like nicholas to me.

thisisme said...

That is priceless!

i beati said...

funnny

spookyrach said...

Bwaaahhahaha!

Gwynne said...

Too funny! :-) Kids, they say the darndest things.

Rae said...

LOL. That's funny!

That Janie Girl said...

Chatelaine - they do!

Scott - I thought the same thing.

Thisisme - I know. I laughed 'til I cried.

Sandy - It is funny!

Spooky - ***snort!***

Gwynne - you Linkletter/Cosby fan, you!

Rach - glad to make you smile, lassie!

bethany said...

so, so funny.

That Janie Girl said...

Thanks, Bethany! And welcome!

Pam said...

My oldest thought that a band aid cured everything...even stomach aches. He cracked up a flight attendant on the way to Tennessee one time by asking for one because his tummy felt bad. I love it.

That Janie Girl said...

Sounds like the boy I know and love!

Anonymous said...

Haaaaaaaaaa. Bless his little heart!