Sunday, April 27, 2008

Colorado Bound, Again...

It’s one of those days…you know, when you know you have to, but you just don’t want to go.

MLH has a summer cold, or something. He’s feeling like crap, and I have to go catch a plane to Denver. On Sunday. That's just not right! Upon my arrival at Denver, I get in a rental car and head to Rifle, Colorado, where we’ll be making rig visits. Time for the girl to suit up in jeans, steeltoe boots, safety glasses, and hardhat. The weather should be beautiful, and the mountains, lovely.

I hate to leave MLH when he’s sick. He’s one of those healthy male specimen, never quits, nothing gets him down. He works all the time, and never stops, except to do fun stuff with me, and/or my customers, like last night's Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation banquet. To see him down, makes my heart hurt. I’ve got him all dosed up on vitamin C, cold meds, antibiotic, and Emergen-C. He assures me he’ll be fine, to go on, do my job.

Still…

Prayers, please, for MLH?

5 comments:

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

That's a pretty good drive from Denver to Rifle. I hope you have time to see some sights along the way.

thisisme said...

I do hope he is feeling better soon - prayers added. Leaving someone we love when they aren't 100% is heart wrenching.

Snooty Primadona said...

When I went to Aspen High we used to play Rifle in sports. It's beautiful country up there.

If you want a laugh about men having colds, then you MUST visit C'EST LA VIE and scroll down to watch the video. I was laughing so hard, I really did have tears & snot running down my face.

If links work on comments, then try this:

http://passingtime-josie.blogspot.com/

Bee said...

Will pray for him.

and seriously? Rifle?

Hubby used to work up there every now and then when we lived in Grd. Jct. My favorite was going over to Glenwood and spend a weekend in the hot springs. (and for what it's worth, it's only 30 min from Rifle, right on your way) :)

That Janie Girl said...

Chris - I only hope I brought my baby camera!

Thisisme - thanks for the prayers...

Snooty - I will check it out!!! Thanks. And I'm looking forward to the drive.

Bee - you gotta be kidding. Because, I will be in Grand Junction tomorrow night! (With many more such trips to come!) I will go by Glenwood, and schedule a trip there next time.

Where do y'all live now?