Saturday, November 10, 2007

Zack at the Texas State Championships

Update 11/11/07 - Due to the high temperatures, we had to finish the field trials on Sunday (we didn't want the dogs to overheat). Zack won a very respectable 5th place, and we are very proud of him. Andy said Zack is maturing well, getting lots of "bird sense" and Andy is expecting him to rise to the top soon!
Zack the Wonder Dog...
If you enlarge this picture, you can see four things...


(1) Andy Anderson (Zack's trainer who is also a crack shot!)


(2) The shell casing ejecting from the gun (to Andy's right)


(3) Bird falling


(4) Zack, going after the retrieve


Similar shot - can you see the shell casing?


I didn't get to shoot over Zack due to the fact that the trials started Friday morning before my plane landed; thus, Andy will follow through to the Finals tomorrow. It did, however, allow me to take pictures (finally!) of my own dog during a run. Zack is currently sitting in fourth place, with a 448 total score. Zack had a 5:33 minute run today (out of 20 minutes), so it kicked him on up there a bit.

I loved this shot of Zack dropping the bird off on the fly...


We'll be back in Coahoma by 8am to start the finals. Keep your paws crossed!


13 comments:

Rae said...

Go Zack!!!!

Lone Chatelaine said...

Oh, he IS a wonder dog! He's a handsome fella!

i beati said...

how much am I loving this !!!!! that 4 picture Superb !!!!sandy

beth said...

Paws crossed!

Handsome and talented - what more could you ask of a dog? :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome shots and awsome score....I am impressed with the lot of ya'! ;-)

Karen Townsend said...

Two paws up for Zack! Max says, Go, Zack, Go!

Anonymous said...

If I can't be there-go Zack go!!!!!
You're as handsome as I am pretty!

Anonymous said...

I will also cross my horns ;)

That Janie Girl said...

Thanks for all your comments! We had a good time today.

We felt your "paw crossings!"

Beverly Dillow said...

Hi Janie,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your pictures. You are an animal lover! We had a cat named Pumpkin and a red chow, Tilly, for many many years and they both passed away recently. Sometimes, I still think I see Tilly looking in the back door when I pass by. She was a sweet dog when she wasn't gaurding her territory from strangers. :) Pumpkin was a lazy cat who resembled Garfield. TMI.......have a good day!

That Janie Girl said...

Hi, Beverly! I enjoy your blog, as well.

Thanks for visiting!

Willy said...

Great Pictures - with excellent detail.

My wife is a native of Monahans and we live in Arkansas now.

Lived and worked just east of you in Colorado City for about 8 years.

Again Great Shots - gun and Camera

10-4 Hillbilly Willy

That Janie Girl said...

Hey, Hillbilly Willy! Thanks for stopping by! I was raised in Big Spring so we're probably (almost!) kin! Have lots of friends there. My husband? Raised in Monahans!

Small world! Thanks for the compliments, and come by anytime!