Sunday, July 1, 2007

Eric's Hibiscus Meme (Hmmm...The Year of the Hibiscus?)

Only Eric could start such a competition without even trying. I tried to measure my hibiscus with my hand, as he did. Then I figured out it would not be a true scientific measurement. (It just wasn’t going to be apples to apples…or hibiscus to hibiscus.)

We have some honkin’ hibiscus (hibisci?) as well. We have been enjoying their blooms for about two weeks. They are gorgeous.


Anyway, here it is…the honkin’ hibiscus por la Sounding Forth casa - displayed here in a (somewhat) scientific measure, to boot.

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

8 comments:

Pancho said...

Obviously photoshopped.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Pancho. That measuring tape looks fake!

Karen Townsend said...

It's a beauty, Janie. Ours get nice and big, too. It's one good thing to come from this dang heat.

Pam said...

Beautiful! I am soooo impressed. I think Pancho and Jim are just jealous! Keep doing whatever it is that you are doing for your hibisci!

Eric Siegmund said...

A measuring tape! Why didn't I think of that? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am jealous. My measuring tape isn't nearly as neat as Janie's.

Gwynne said...

Janie, I do believe you have the biggest Hibiscus!! Beautiful!

That Janie Girl said...

Pancho - Dude. Breathe. You, too, can grow the Acme Hibiscus!
Jim - that's funny!
Karen - I was in your fair city Monday, and though wet, it was hot! And the flowers were indeed beautiful.
Pam - yup! You'll have to hie thy ownself out here to see!
Eric - MLH was the one who thought of the tape...
Jim - try Home Depot - they have the neatest tapes!
Gwynne - Oh, I don't know about that - I just had the measuring tape...;)