Thursday, November 12, 2009

I May Live After All

I'm feeling much better today, thanks for your prayers!

I HAD to go into the office today. I touched nothing, infected no-one, and barely saw anyone. I went straight into my office (in my sweats, no less! What a way to impress the people at your new job!), shut the door, and hopped on a 4 hour conference call. I'm the secretary on the board of the National American Association of Drilling Engineers; though I couldn't be there in person, I was there via conference call to take notes, etc. I couldn't talk, so was on IM with a coworker (in OKC) who would talk for me. All in the spirit of teamwork, people, teamwork!!! But because I was sick, I missed this annual event, which is hosted by the National AADE. Waaaah. I mean, who doesn't love Cajun cooking, of wild game and fish? (no store-bought meat for these guys!)

Oh, well. After the conference call, I came straight home and went right to sleep. This stuff is knocking me out!

I think I can see the light...at the end of the tunnel...

7 comments:

Joanie said...

That must have felt like 2 days work to you! No wonder you zonked out!

Pam said...

Not being able to talk...oh my goodness. Glad you are feeling better now. Take care of yourself so you can get back in the swing of things. Sorry you missed your Cajun fix!

Mental P Mama said...

Hey stranger! Get well soon, and thanks for the visit again!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Get lots of sleep and liquids!! Hope you feel better soon.

Chatelaine said...

Girl, you're really scaring me! You gotta get well. This thing sounds awful. Take huge amounts of vitamin D! It will help. I promise!

Stu Pidasso said...

ummmmmmm, alligator bouidan....ummmmmm.

bernthis said...

my kid was sooo sick. Thankfully, not the swine flu. Hope you're doing better