Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Foxy Foxy Foxy....

Once last week, and twice this week, I’ve spotted a male gray fox in our neighborhood.  He’s a sneaky boy, and crosses the street about three doors down (surely you didn't think he'd hang around my house with the Hunter Wonderdogs, did ya?) around 6:40 a.m. each morning.  And I'm curious.  I want to see where he lives, what he’s doing, and who he’s helping to feed.  I know there has to be a mommy fox and some babies around.  I know, because this is a yearly saga at the house of the Snooty Primadona where  the foxes Fernando and Felicia hang out. With all their cute babies, I must say. 


I guess I could get one of those infrared body heat cameras that hunters post at their deer feeders.
But then again, no.  I really don’t wanna know what goes on in my neighborhood after a certain hour.  Just bury my head in the sand, baby.  And call me Ostrich.

3 comments:

i beati said...

pictures please- missed you lately but I have been swamped- Hope health is good plus sandy

SSP said...

i hear ya. i live in the desert, near a wash. I KNOW there are scorpions and javalinas and snakes and TARANTULAS out there....I just don't wanna see them!

TexasRed said...

We saw one in our neighborhood earlier in the summer, but I guess he was just checking it out and moved on.