Monday, December 21, 2009

It's About Time...

It's late tonight - we've had a full day. And ThatManILove and Younger Son are flying to Dallas tomorrow for a day trip.

I walk into our TV/music room and find them both playing guitars. And finally, Younger Son plays a couple of his songs and sings for us. We've heard him play, but this is a first, him singing for us.

His voice? Beautiful. His lyrics? Awesome.

I'm blown away. I've waited for this for a long time - I knew the apple didn't fall far from the tree - ThatManILove has a tremendous gift in writing and singing. It's sweet to see the manifestation of heritage in Younger Son.

It's a precious, precious thing I'm seeing tonight, and I'm so very grateful to the Lord for his giftings to the men of my house.

9 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

My fifteen year old daughter has a beautiful voice. Solos at school, stops signing the minute a parent walks in the room. I can fully understand and appreciate that you were blessed with a private concert last night.

What more could a mom want? Except clean bedrooms, etc.

thelocalsloveit said...

What a wonderful gift...
Enjoy your week.

darsden said...

What a wonderful Christmas present :-)) I love to here the family sing...well use too when we were younger!

Vodka Mom said...

that makes my heart happy. And what Anonymous said? I couldn't have said it better myself!


xxx

i beati said...

better than any wrapped gift dear girl..hold them close at heart . We don't get these days to do over-0 cherish cherish cherish many blessings at holiday and onward sandy

Warped Mind of Ron said...

nice gift for Christmas :-)

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Joanie M said...

Both of my girls have beautiful voices. Isn't it wonderful to just sit and listen to them sing? My dream is for them to do a duet, something they've never done!
Enjoy your son's talents!

Shauna said...

Hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ HUGS ♥

SSP said...

VERY nice!!!

merry christmas :-)