Sunday, October 3, 2010

Maintenance! What? No!

Yesterday, I ran some errands in Santa Fe. Wearing sandals that had black rubber foot beds resulted in the bottoms of my feet being…black. I decided to hop into the shower to clean them up, did my pedicure foot scrub, then soaked in the tub afterwards.



I’m “Kindled” up, reading a good story. ThatManILove is sleep on the bed, trying to catch up from late nights of solid customer meetings and entertainment. 


I hear something over and above the movie on the television. I think it’s TMIL talking to me, so I say, “What? Did you say something?”


And then I hear, “Maintenance!”


And then, “NO!”


I’m all, “WHAT?


“MAINTENANCE!”


“NOOO!”


“WHAT?”


And then I hear TMIL talking…supposedly to the maintenance man. Who had, by the way, transgressed into our hotel room.


Without our permission.  The bathroom door was open, but all he could possibly see is my feet.  (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)


It seems someone’s tub was flooding the Old House restaurant downstairs. They were trying to Sherlock it out. Still not sure if it was ours.


But the manager came up, full of apologies, and comped us wine and cheese.


I would have been happy with a full-out mani/pedi; not to mention a new pair of sandals that don’t turn your feet black.


Just sayin’.


It’s never boring around here.

11 comments:

SSP said...

bwahahahaaaaaa that is the stuff stories are made of!! so...is the Kindle waterproof??

Irish Gumbo said...

Nope. Never boring :)

Gretchen said...

That is hysterical! I don't think the man I love would have been very nice about it. I can see him picking the man up and tossing him out on his ... er ... ear! :)

Joanie said...

Well, you could have been "busy" when he walked in!

Never a dull moment for you, is there?

Barrie said...

I have a pair of sandals that turn the bottoms of my feet black too. Although I've never been comped wine and cheese because of them!

Pearl said...

Janie! Where are you?! Where have you been???

Pearl

Junosmom said...

Hey, Janie, where'd ya go? I haven't been by in awhile and thought I'd look in. But you're not here. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Emily's Bill has some interesting thing to say about that kind of stuff. S0omething like if you have a great trip you have great memories and if there are problems you have great stories to tell.

He's more eloquent about it, but that's the gist.

Vodka Mom said...

are you SURE we are not related?


honestly.

Gretchen said...

I haven't seen or heard a word from you in ages! I hope all is well and you're just too busy to post.

Have a blessed Easter!

Vodka Mom said...

i am seriously moving in with you.